Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do You Settle?

Each day I learn something new about this blogging process. I must tell you technology has a steep learning curve for me so I ask for your patience.

I had posted a question related to settling..I would like to hear from you. This past Tuesday I did a radio interview that focused on why women settle. I gave a few responses..one being that I do believe many women, men too, settle out of fear. I talk about this in my book; while we may not be satisfied with what we have, we are afraid to let it go for fear we won't find something better. I guess many of us do believe that a "bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush."

What have you settled for this past year? Do you have regrets that you settled? What lessons did you learn about the experience?

Waiting to read your comments. Nancy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While that may be a real issue, statistics may indicate the opposite, people are to quick to change. With the divorce rate at 50% on the first marriages and 70something on the subsequent ones, it appeaers that people are quicker to dump and leave than to stick it out and work out the differences. With that being said, I do agree that some folks do feel stuck in a relationship. The "what if no one else will love me" stuff.

Ann said...

I feel if anyone feels stuck in a relationship then 9 times out of 10, that other person they are stuck with does not love them anyway. Also, anyone who thinks "what if no one else will love me" obviously has self-esteem issues and may need to work on loving themselves first.